Diogo Jota continued his exceptional start to his Liverpool career by netting a hat-trick of their 5-0 win over Atalanta within the Champions League.
Jota, who joined the Reds from Wolves in a £45million deal in the summertime, has exceeded expectations by making an on the spot influence at Anfield.
We’ve collected a selection of stats that spotlight his unimaginable start to the season.
– Jota showcased his medical ending towards Atalanta, scoring three goals from simply 4 shots in Italy.
– Since 2000, Fernando Torres and Mohamed Salah are the one players to attain six Liverpool goals faster than Jota.
– Despite solely starting six games for Liverpool thus far this season, he now has seven goals for the club, averaging a goal each 71.4 minutes.
READ: ‘Destined for great things’ – Eight quotes on Liverpool signing Diogo Jota
– The Portugal international is simply the second player to score on his first two Champions League begins for Liverpool after Robbie Keane in 2008.
– He has now scored more goals for Liverpool in 2020 than Roberto Firmino regardless of taking part in 1,930 minutes lower than the Brazil international.
– Jota has develop into simply the fifth player to score a Champions League hat-trick for Liverpool after Michael Owen, Yossi Benayoun, Philippe Coutinho and Sadio Mane.
– Since the start of last season, he has scored three hat-tricks in European competitions. No different player has scored more than one hat-trick in that time.
Comparing Diogo Jota’s PL stats at Wolves to Mane’s stats at Southampton
Can you name each goalkeeper to play for Liverpool within the Premier League?
Milan Baros & Liverpool: The vacation romance we’ll all the time keep in mind fondly
Sander Westerveld: I nonetheless don’t perceive why Liverpool got rid of me