Dominic Calvert-Lewin has continued his sensational Everton form into his international debut, scoring England’s first goal of their 3-0 win over Wales on Thursday evening.
The 23-year-old Sheffield United academy graduate has been in unstoppable form, and stepped up to the plate after being known as up for Gareth Southgate’s Three Lions for the first time.
Harry Kane appears like he’s got real competitors up top, which might solely be a good factor heading into the Euros next summer time. With two Nations League games and a Merseyside derby to come within the next couple of weeks, we will’t wait to see what the Everton striker does next.
Here are 11 stats from his exceptional start to 2020/21.
– Calvert-Lewin is the twelfth player to score on his England debut since 2000, and the first since Callum Wilson in 2018. Following within the footsteps of Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, as properly as David Nugent and Francis Jeffers.
🅰️ Games in 2020/21: 7
⚽ Goals in 2020/21: 10
THIS MAN IS ON FIRE! 🔥
— ITV Football (@itvfootball) October 8, 2020
– He’s the first Everton player to score on his England debut since Fred Pickering towards USA in May 1964.
– Since the start of last season, Everton striker Calvert-Lewin has scored seven headed goals within the Premier League, probably the most of any player within the competitors.
– He leads the Premier League in phrases of particular person xG (3.7) (through FBref.com), so overperforming it with six goals is particularly spectacular.
– No Premier League player has registered more shots on target per 90 minutes (2.4) this season (through FBref.com)
– The first player to score hat-tricks in consecutive home games under Carlo Ancelotti since Cristiano Ronaldo in 2014. James Rodriguez played in all 4 matches (through @RichJolly)
READ: James Rodriguez’s function in exceptional Calvert-Lewin/Cristiano Ronaldo stat
– Tommy Lawton was the last Everton play to score within the first 4 league games of the season since Tommy Lawton in 1938.
– He’s an early frontrunner for the top goalscorer in Europe’s top 5 leagues with six Premier League goals to this point this season, tieing him with Hoffenheim’s Andrej Kramaric, Tottenham’s Son Heung-Min and Metz forward Ibrahima Niane.
– Also a frontrunner for the European Golden Shoe, with 9 goals in all competitions from simply six club appearances.
– He’s scored in all but one of his seven appearances for club and nation this season. The just one he didn’t, he solely played 45 minutes in a 5-2 League Cup win over Fleetwood.
– Averaging a goal each 52.7 minutes for Everton this season. For club and nation it’s an common of each 53.2 minutes.
Comparing Calvert-Lewin’s Everton stats under Silva and Carlo Ancelotti
Where are they now? The 11 players to score on England debuts since 2000
Everton’s sensible Spirit of the Blues memes have won the web
Can you name each player Everton have signed for £20m or more?